Monday, February 23, 2009

Sympathy Oscars: Heath Ledger Wins Posthumously




So it's no secret by now that Heath Ledger won an Oscar for his role in The Dark Knight as the Joker.

I have not seen the movie, but I hear it's fantastic. But I think the Academy Awards ought to be run like a raffle, as in,

"You must be present to win."
Ledger is only the second person to win an Oscar while dead. There's not much acting going on there!
In fact, let's not forget the best acting performance -- EVER -- in a movie, when Sylvester Stallone had a heart-rending final scene with Richard Crenna in First Blood, where he said, and I quote:
Blah, mrkgoh, gra ARRRGGHHG! My Fathhrreegg wannthharrr!

That, my friends, was true acting. Nobody can be that bad. Ledger has nothing on Johnny Rambo! Yet they both have Oscars now.

0 comments: