Wednesday, October 19, 2005

FU (that's Follow Up) Richard Pombo


Here is an email (from March 2005) that Rep Pombo sent me after I expressed my feelings to him about Tom DeLay and his ethics charges and possible indictments (which have come to pass) --


*************************************************************************************
Thank you for contacting me with your concerns about recent allegations regarding House Majority Leader Tom Delay. I appreciate hearing from you.

I want to bring to light the truth about what is really happening. This is a highly coordinated attack, organized by liberal Democrats and their allies to stop the work of the House of Representatives. It is sad to say the liberals have become the party of no -- no ideas, no solutions and no agenda.

Because of their lack of any positive agenda for moving the Nation forward, they have turned to the last option they have left – making baseless ethics complaints about their fellow Members of Congress. As detailed in recent articles in The Washington Post and The Hill, Congressman Rahm Emanuel (D-IL), a former Clinton advisor and now chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee is formulating a plan to run campaigns in 2006 focusing on bogus charges of ethical corruption, not issues.

I am saddened to see that in these times when our Country is faced with many important issues – issues on which the Republican Party has set out a positive, forward looking agenda – the liberals have nothing to offer. I welcome a healthy debate on Social Security reform, energy policy, tax reform, foreign policy and other issues facing the Nation.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I look forward to hearing from you again as issues arise in the 109th Congress.

*************************************************************************************

I wonder if Rep. Pombo will be quoting The Hill now, after it ran a story about his alleged travel transgressions? I doubt it.

0 comments: