Monday, October 03, 2005

It IS just me

I almost entitled this piece, "Is it just me, or...?" but I changed my mind because I think it IS just me.

The dialogue goes something like this:

A: Is it just me, or are Americans waking up to the idea that the current administration is incompetent, hires incompetent cronies, and has no plans about anything other than tax cuts and war?

B: Is IS just you. Americans shouldn't have to pay taxes and we will preempt anybody who threatens us.

Or, how about this one?

A: Is it just me, or is it getting hotter in here (referring to global warming)?

B: It IS just you. Global warming doesn't exist. The bible doesn't mention it, nor does the Constitution, so it cannot be. Besides, those scientists, they don't know anything.

Is it just me, or are the only literary works the president has ever picked up, much less read, the bible and the Constitution?

It IS just me. He must have read something. It just wasn't any security memoranda.

0 comments: