Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Gays in the military: Sound policy

Those military officials are real stupid, aren't they? Marine General Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, had this to say:
"I believe that homosexual acts between individuals are immoral and that we should not condone immoral acts. I do not believe that the armed forces of the United States are well served by saying through our policies that it's OK to be immoral in any way."
There are people of all sizes, shapes, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, etc. that DO their jobs. There is a small minority of people who don't. It's those people who don't do their jobs that spoil it for everybody else.

You can bet your ass, soldier boy, that the gay dude in the foxhole with you isn't thinkin' about sex with you. First, don't flatter yourself. Second, he's there to accomplish a military objective. He didn't join the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, or National Guard to find a homosexual lover. Nobody's that freakin' stupid.

Our military is in such sad shape now that it's really STOOPID to disallow a certain slice of the willing and able pool, just because they're gay. Or female. Or black. Or Muslim.

The military has had to lower its really low standards even further to meet the needs of this ill-conceived Iraq war and its sister, the War on Terror. I guess they're now even taking in ex-cons. (I don't know my military all that much -- maybe they always have???)

But, godforbid, take in a gay man or woman? Preposterous!

Stoopid Defense Department. Don't Ask, Don't Tell, while kind of a ridiculous concept, works. Pretty sure that I wouldn't tout my heterosexuality, just like I'm sure a homosexual wouldn't flout his. So, don't ask me and I won't tell you. Simple. Clean. Nobody gets hurt.

0 comments: