Friday, June 09, 2006

Tom DeLay is History

To all my conservative friends, I give you my condolences for Tom DeLay's departure from the House of Representatives. I do believe that today is his last day, and as I write this, I see him on Hardball. This country never ceases to amaze me. Tom DeLay rose to power in one of the most esteemed public offices and he has absolutely zero public speaking ability and no charisma.

How did this come about? He must have some really good shit on people because his public politicking skills are nil.

Amazing. He is sure to write a manuscript or two (no doubt ghost-written, if his writing skills are anywhere near his speaking skills) about his rise, and perhaps his fall. It will be interesting how history remembers him.

For now, he is best known as a former bug killer who just happened to wield a mighty sword on the Hill.

Good riddance, Tom.

0 comments: