Friday, February 08, 2008

Britney Spears and Elvis: Similar Fates?

As a life-long Elvis fan, I was deeply saddened the day of August 16, 1977, when my mother came home from work and told me Elvis had died. I was 10. I loved the guy.

I was later dismayed to find that he had been addicted to all sorts of drugs. When your idol falls and is exposed for some of his misdeeds, it's hard to stomach. For years, I buried my head in the sand about Elvis' drug use.

Fast forward to today. Millions of little girls and middle-aged men love Britney Spears. She's hot, knows how to move, has catchy tunes, and is a mega millionaire.

She also likes to show her hootchie in public, has lost custody of her children to a loser, and has attempted suicide. She no doubt is strung out on drugs. To show how bad it's gotten for her, her family asked Dr Phil for help!

I wonder if Britney will end up the same way as Elvis?

Dead on the toilet

0 comments: