Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Dick Cheney Knows Dick About Torture

Richard "Dick" Cheney needs to just walk towards the horizon; nobody gives a flying fuck about his opinions any more. He says all the things the Bush team did during the aftermath of 9/11 saved lives, perhaps "hundreds of thousands" of lives.

Sure. I'm getting waterboarded and I'm scared out of my mind but I know nuthin' 'bout any schemes to bring down America, but guess what? I make shit up.

Every intelligence officer knows this.

But what if I do know about an upcoming attack? Won't I say something to stop from drowning?

Yes, I will. But will it be the truth? Debatable.

Bottom line: Cheney cannot speak to hypotheticals or "what might have been." None of us can.

I'm sure that psycho terrorists have hundreds of schemes, plans, and ideas about how to attack us next. Always have. Always will.

That doesn't mean that a) we captured guys who knew anything about future or past attacks, and b) that even if they knew, they'd tell us.

Odds are, we went on wild goose chases and the terrorists laughed their asses off at us. It's a good thing we got pictures of their asses, you know, for future prosecution.

I'm torn, however, on what to do about all this. Do we prosecute Cheney, Bush, and the rest of the Bush administration for war crimes? In my opinion, this was never a war (remember the "war on terrorism?"), so it's hard to even fathom "war crimes." No war, no war crimes. Forget about the crime part for a moment.

Ironically, though, Bush and Company coined the term, used it incessantly for 8 years, so perhaps the idea should be pondered to charge them for war crimes, just for fun. You know, use their words against them. It seems so perfectly DC.

But were crimes committed? I'm not sure. It seems that moral crimes were committed, for sure, but was anything done illegally?

Well, besides the wiretapping, the secret renditions, the holding of people against their will without ever charging them with anything...the list goes on.

But is waterboarding illegal? If it is, then our own military commits crimes every day they "train" people on waterboarding (specifically, to condition them if faced with being tortured themselves).

It is ironic that the "moral compass" (Bush and his born again "god-ism") went so astray, putting the safety of others not in god's hands but in his own. Had a god complex, I think. But I digress.

It's interesting to me that now that Cheney is no longer an inhabitant of the White House Cave, he's come out in public to reveal more of himself now than when he was relevant.

I suggest that he just go to his compound in Wyoming, get on the elevator, and push the Down button. I don't care if it stops in his bunker or goes straight to Hell.

Either way, Dick Cheney needs to vanish again. He's a creep.

Dick Cheney: Why So Chatty All of a Sudden?
For a man whose public profile was almost nonexistent while he was a public servant, it's clear from his schedule alone that private citizen Cheney hasn't merely resurfaced - he's gone on the offensive. The question is, Why?
Why indeed? Trying to get his ass out of really hot water, I bet.

0 comments: