Monday, January 12, 2009

American Idol's "Oliver" Moment

I don't watch American Idol. I think it's stupid. But when I saw this headline on Yahoo's TV listings, I had to laugh and share the moment with you.

Remember the Brady Bunch? When it began to go downhill, they brought in a new kid named Oliver. From that moment on, television had been changed forever.

Soon thereafter, every time a show started its downward slide, they brought in their own Oliver. Diff'rent Strokes did it with the silly little white boy. Happy Days did it with Leather...

The list really is endless. But you don't have time for that and I don't have the energy to do the research. Suffice it to say, all crappy TV shows do it.

Here's the latest: American Idol is bringing on an extra "judge." As if they need another Paula Abdul drunk-as-I-wanna-be!

Hah! That's funny shit, Reggie!

And Simon, can't you find a looser-fitting shirt? It's not as if you're Mr Olympia or anything. You're an arrogant Englishman who happens to have somewhat straight teeth. Show them off once in a while, would you?

0 comments: