Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Left Handed Presidents



I'm left-handed, so whenever I see stuff like this, my first thought is, "Ohmygod, the country's going to Hell in a handbasket!"

But then I compose myself and figure, if it's worked in the past, it very well might work in the present...

Did you know that Clinton, Bush I, Reagan, and Ford were all left-handed? Barack Obama, too (he's black, too, in case you didn't notice).

I find all of this too hard to believe. Does this mean I could one day be President of the United States? Will the US survive long enough for that cold day in Hell to happen? Or will it wait for me to become president, and then convulse once or twice and die a violent death?

I dunno. But I can say with all honesty and zero humor: This is a great day!

Not just because Barack Obama has already done more for the nation in one day than George Bush Jr has done in 8 years (most of it negative, so it counts against him), but because our democracy, despite everything against it, lives on and keeps on doing what it's supposed to do.

Hats off to you, America!

Google Trends: left handed presidents, Jan 20, 2009

0 comments: