Thursday, September 13, 2007

Obama's war plan

I think he's got it right. General "Betray Us" Petraeus says otherwise, that US military forces have made progress, but I don't know what progress means. I mean, I could try pushing a rock uphill, and I might even make some progress, but what is my objective? Is it to make progress or to get the rock to the top? Maybe the goal is to get the rock halfway up the hill. Maybe it's to get the rock out of the way.

Who the hell knows? Our beloved president hasn't told us what the military objective is, except "to win" (whatever that means), and his other objectives (ie, non-military) have changed at least a dozen times.

Obama Offers Most Extensive Plan Yet for Winding Down War - New York Times
“Too many politicians feared looking weak and failed to ask hard questions. Too many took the president at his word instead of reading the intelligence for themselves,” Mr. Obama said.

He added: “I opposed the war in 2002. I opposed it in 2003. I opposed it in 2004. I opposed it in 2005. I opposed it in 2006.”

0 comments: