Friday, July 27, 2007

California should secede from the US for the 2001 energy "crisis"

Jason Leopold | Cheney Suppressed Evidence in California Energy Crisis
"In retrospect I could see how that happened," Davis said. "There's no question that the energy companies saw me as an adversary when I wouldn't buckle under their demands. I was vulnerable and the [energy companies and the White House] took advantage of it. This crisis took place in the early days of the Bush administration. I figured these guys are too busy picking out furniture for their offices. I didn't think they [the Bush administration] were spending their days in office involved in some full-scale conspiracy. But it turns out they were."
After all, California is still one of the biggest economies, all on its own. We don't need BushCo's help.

0 comments: