Thursday, February 01, 2007

Molly Ivins is Dead

I loved Molly Ivins' work. She had a writing style all her own and taught me some great lessons. One that I especially like is a rule she was fond of saying: The first rule of holes is to stop digging when you're in one. I love that!

I don't know that she was the originator of the line, but she made it all her own. I only knew Molly through her writing. In fact, I have only seen her once on television (where, by the way, she is even funnier than in print). She was an old wise lady who had followed politics, with an expertise in the Texas-style, for many years. She told it like it was, wasn't afraid to piss people off, and had charisma out the kazoo.

I will miss her. Undoubtedly, many others will, too. The link below is to Workingforchange.com, where her writings were featured. The front page has a few passages on Molly as well as a few links. Check them out.

R.I.P. Molly Ivins. We love you.

Welcome to WorkingForChange

0 comments: