Thursday, August 30, 2007

Democratic Leadersheep! That's a crack-up!!!

Terrorism Policies Split Democrats - washingtonpost.com
The American Civil Liberties Union is running Internet advertisements depicting House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Majority Leader Harry M. Reid (D-Nev.) as sheep. "Bush wanted more power to eavesdrop on ordinary Americans, and we just followed along. I guess that's why they call us the Democratic leadersheep," say the two farm animals in the ad, referring to Congress's passage of legislation granting Bush a six-month extension and expansion of his warrantless wiretapping program.
I, for one, am very disappointed in my party.

Let me say again that for most of my life, I was a staunch Republican. I believed in them. I drank the Kool-Aid. I still believe in small government, a government that doesn't infringe upon my privacy, a government, in short, that leaves me alone.

That all changed with George Bush and his reaction to 9/11. We now have BIG government with BIG deficits, huge military spending, privacy rights curtailment, intrusion upon my home in the guise of "keeping me safe."

BUT, the Democrats are no better. Well, they're better, if intentions matter. I believe that Bush wants to be King; I don't believe the Dems do. But, they don't DO ANYTHING.

They got a mandate, one could say, to turn around the Bush undoings. But they haven't done anything except say they were going to take action and then fail because they have no backbone, a weak constitution, no guts, no brains, cunning the size of an ant, the courage of...the Tin Man (a not-so-veiled reference to Henry Reid, "leader" in the Senate).

So, the ACLU calling Pelosi and Reid "leadersheep" is fitting. They just go along with Bush and his Nazis, saying one thing, doing another. It's time somebody stood up, took charge, and beat the bullies down.

The Dems deserve all the ridicule they've ever gotten. And then some. Babies.

0 comments: