Monday, August 27, 2007

"Family values" code words for "I'm totally gay"

The Raw Story | GOP Senator Larry Craig arrested in 'bathroom incident'
"At the time of this incident, I complained to the police that they were misconstruing my actions. I was not involved in any inappropriate conduct," said Craig, who is married, and up for reelection in 2008. "I should have had the advice of counsel in resolving this matter. In hindsight, I should not have pled guilty.

"I was trying to handle this matter myself quickly and expeditiously."
Is he talking about the arrest or the lewd act? He's a Senator (Repugnican, no less, those bastions of family values and morality), so I guess his words could mean anything.

Read the entire story here.

Larry Craig also, up until today, "backed" Mitt Romney:
Explaining why he's backing Romney, Craig says in the video that it's in part because "he has very strong family values." "That's something I grew up with and believe in," Craig explains.
Oh, really? Of course, the Romney campaign took down the YouTube video of Craig's endorsement, attempting to distance themselves from the alleged homosexual (my view is what does it matter the sexual proclivity but rather it does matter in the comparison of your purported stance to your actual actions).

0 comments: