Tuesday, September 16, 2008

More on Sarah Palin and Her Readiness to be President

I've been reading Andrew Tobias - Money and Other Subjects
for years. I respect him and while I go there for the personal finance advice and information, he is the Democratic Party's Treasurer. So, he knows what he's talking about, if not more than a little biased. He says:
I don’t blame Governor Palin. She didn’t represent herself to John McCain – I assume – as anything but what she is. It was he who concluded that “she knows more about energy than probably anyone else in the United States of America.” Straight talk from a fine judge of talent. Can’t wait to see who he picks to run FEMA.


Senator McCain acknowledges that economics is not his strong suit (he’s reading Alan Greenspan’s book) and Governor Palin says she got a D in macroeconomics from one of the six colleges she went to on her road to an undergraduate degree.


I am not mocking her – and I’m certainly not calling her stupid. I am mocking the notion that she is qualified to be President. Which it seems to me is a baseline qualification for being Vice President.
I couldn't agree more.

0 comments: