Monday, September 08, 2008

Notes on Sarah Palin

I was watching Sarah Palin's speech on my DVR (I don't like watching these things live because I don't want to get caught up in the euphoria or foaming at the mouth), and the coverage I had recorded (PBS, a lot less on either side than MSNBC and Fox News) kept showing her family (undoubtedly, the other networks were doing this more -- I've watched enough of these to know this).

The thought that kept going through my mind was how much her family looked like the one depicted on the right.

My god, she has a lot of kids; they span from a baby to a 19 year old, who may have been conceived out of wedlock, just like her soon-to-be-born grandchild. But it's all cool because he enlisted in the military on 9/11/2007 and is being deployed on 9/11/2008.

How sweet. And convenient. And contrived.

0 comments: