Thursday, October 18, 2007

Daily Show clips -- all of them -- going online at Comedy Central

In a perfect world, I'd like to see entire shows posted as well as individual clips with zero commercials (oh, I'd settle for the commercials they show on TV)...but this is a good step towards that. I know everybody wants to 'monetize' (is this a new word I hate? perhaps.), so ads or some other money-making schemes need to be considered. This I understand.

I may not like it, but I understand it.

Now Viacom needs to take the next step -- by using the social networking and viral marketing aspects of the Internet, they can spread their love like some mutant venereal disease.

Let users post clips, or entire shows, on their own web sites, and pay them a portion of the resulting 'monetization.' Similar to the new YouTube/Google Video ads and Voxant Newsroom clips.

Just giving a small portion to bloggers and other web users would create great effects, in my opinion.

Viacom to offer all clips of 'Daily Show' online - Los Angeles Times

0 comments: