Thursday, October 25, 2007

Word of the Day: Repugnican

I've coined a term. It's my way of saying, "I love you, Republican!"

Well, not really.

It's more like, "I really despise you, you hypocrite, you fat, prescription-drug-using, illegal-alien-hiring, self-righteous piece of purported "conservative" asshole, holier-than-thou, pro-life (if it's a fetus), pro-death (if it's an adult -- unless it's a brain-dead adult) POS. Okay, wait, that mostly describes Rush Limbaugh.

Whew.

I used to be one. Now I'm not sure I really fit into any political party. Back in my high school days, I used to banter with my Bruce Springsteen-loving, anti-war, bandana-wearing classmate about the virtues of the Republican party. You see, I loved Ronald Reagan. I was 17.

Reagan talked a good game. And after the mediocre Jimmy Carter presidency, Ronald Reagan made me proud to be an American. But so did Sylvester Stallone with his Rambo and Rocky movies. I was easily led. And I liked Michael Jackson. I've made mistakes. I've moved on (not to be confused with MoveOn, which I don't really like either).

I voted Republican all the way until 2001. I voted for our current idiot-in-chief, Chimpy. I thought it would be a fine idea to have an MBA president, with his senior advisers like the Veep, Dick Cheney, Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld, and Secretary of State, Collin Powell.

Boy, was I wrong. These guys, and a whole host of others that made up the Bush administration turned on me and my conservative values. I hate the neo-cons and anybody associated with the Republican "party line." They scare the snot out of me.

They've desecrated the Constitution, they've made a mockery of the Geneva Conventions, they've ruined any hope we had of diplomacy, etc. I could go on forever. But that's not why you called.

Repugnican is the meshing of two words: Republican and repugnant. To me, they're really one in the same. So I made the word up: Repugnican. I've used it quite extensively and I haven't seen anyone else use it.

So, I want two things to come of this: First, I want to be the recognized originator of the term and Two, I want EVERYBODY to start using it.

R-E-P-U-G-N-I-C-A-N. Say it out loud. It feels good.

Now, start using it. Spread the word. Get it out there. Blog about it. Talk about it. Comment about it.

0 comments: