Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Kid Rock arrested after fight at Waffle House

Kid Rock arrested in DeKalb after fight at Waffle House | ajc.com

This is the epitome of class. Here's my Waffle House story.

I went to Atlanta a couple times while I was working for a company called Impresse Corp., a startup that stopped during the dotcom bust. I was a techie, going around and ensuring that all our salespeople's computers were running up to speed with the latest patches, applications, etc.

So I got on a plane and arrived at around 1 or 2 in the morning, got my rental car, and headed for the hotel. As I got closer to my hotel, I began to look for something to eat. I chose not to go after possum roadkill, but hindsight being 20/20, perhaps I should have. As I approached a major intersection, I didn't know whether to turn left or right. Waffle Houses all around! Sounded great, never heard of them!

So I turned left. There were, amazingly, quite a few 'patrons' (all day and all night breakfast-eating zombies, more like it) in the -- ahem -- restaurant, mostly sucking down coffee and thinking about where their damn lives went, why they have 7 kids with 9 different women (do the math), what the fuck is that on the floor ruminations, etc.

I sat down, took a look around, and found something that, to this day, amuses me: The 'waitress' was mopping the countertops with a sponge, while making coffee and toast, eggs and waffles, while the janitor-looking frycook hosed the place down!

Seriously. He was hosing the place down!
Not mopping with a mop, but he had a garden hose that he was using to squirt down the concrete floor, leaving puddles all over the place.

So I can see why Kid Rock might have been a little edgy. I know I ate my waffles quickly and bolted.

0 comments: