Friday, August 11, 2006

Bush's Vacation and Mine Coincide and THIS Is What Happens?

Sheesh, I take one day away from work, which coincidentally coincided with President Bush's and Tony Blair's vacations, and all hell breaks loose. (I had no idea I was so powerful, part of an axis of lazy.) I wasn't even aware that anything had happened until yesterday evening, when I was talking to my Mom on the phone.

I still don't know the full story (but these guys do). Apparently, the British arrested a lot of people in connection with a plot (plots?) to bring aboard commercial airplanes explosives to presumably blow up the planes.

Now, the knee-jerk reaction is to disallow any toothpaste and other "liquidy" bathroom items, like cologne, perfume, and mouthwash to be carried on planes. Of course, you can still stow them away in your checked baggage, none of which makes sense to me. But what does make sense anymore?

Those dirty terrorists -- they want us to smell as if we've been living in caves -- just like them!


While being smelly is bad, what is the true impact of all this? I have no idea. I just know I won't be getting on a plane anytime in the near-future. The security checks will be ridiculous.

Lots of questions are left to answer, though.

Is it a coincidence that it's a U.S. election year?
How long will the ridiculous measures that will be implemented be in effect?
How many terrorists didn't get caught?
When will profiling become politically correct?
When will the mostly Muslim terrorists begin recruiting grandmas, white people, and children?

It's only a matter of time before the world erupts in violence that cannot be turned back. I am no Rapture Index (last updated prior to yesterday's arrests) proponent, but I cannot see any end to this. The world is doomed to entropy, both by Mother Nature and by humans.

How to turn back the tide?

0 comments: