Wednesday, September 06, 2006

C-SPAN cure for insomnia

I stayed home today to nurse a nasty summer cold, but I couldn't sleep. I was so desperately tired that I started channel surfing, hoping that I'd find something to put me to sleep. IT WORKED!

I found C-SPAN. It's now my go-to channel for putting me to sleep. The US Senate was "debating" a resolution to implore President Bush to consider firing Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld.

Talk about a waste of taxpayer dollars and time! These blowhards all got up there with their allotted time and see-sawed over why Rummy should stay and why he should go. This tit-for-tat back-and-forth thankfully put me to sleep in no time. But to what national benefit?

These senators need to argue. Giving unopposed speeches is a monumental waste. Besides, even if they passed this resolution, does the president have to act on it? He's already said that Rumsfeld was staying, so what difference does this resolution make?

Colossal waste of time. So sad. We pay these folks way to much to be on soapboxes, getting absolutely nothing done. When was the last time any of these guys listened to his constituents? First month of first term?

0 comments: